Just like yours...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Joe's Old Lures Message board]

Posted by Ed Lankford [73.137.123.74] on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 7:13PM :

In Reply to: UNUSUAL BODY SHAPE CCBC CRAWDAD..ANY OTHERS ? posted by MIKE HINES [50.5.138.166] on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 5:29PM :

Mike , I have one just like yours, same color and fading, in an end label box....And several others, all in the standard colors...A couple have the eyes set really close together, much like a proper washer rigged intro 'dad has...So I'm thinking that these "narrow nose" ones are early 20s or so...The eye placement , along with the hook cups being far forward, have lead me to this...Later 'dads seem to have larger and wider set eyes, the cups and leg pins are further back, and the more rounded shape...But, as with any CCBC, anything is possible depending on who was running what lathe that day...I'm sure , as long as it fit the "form" reasonably, it went to the paint shop...Oh, your 400 version is what I call a "One Liner", painted with the paint mask for a 300...Seems that was prevalent in later baits, especially the last few years of "Dad production...Funny how some of the tails on these River Peelers fade and some don't...

-- Ed Lankford
-- signature vvIxN.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL: